Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thumbnails in iCloud Photo Library not populating

I turned on iCloud Photo Library on my iMac, iPad and iPhone. The iPad's Photos app had its thumbnails populated and complete in less than one day but the iPhone's Photos app just has a few scattered throughout the years and doesn't seem to be doing anything anymore.. On iPhone, I can click on any blank thumbnail and the picture will eventually pop up (and the surrounding ones too) but with iPad, I set up iCPL before I left for work, came home and the thumbnails were all in there before I even had a chance to click into the Photos app.

Posted on Jul 11, 2015 9:23 AM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 10:04 PM in response to Larry Gualano

There are a few things you may need to rule out.

Go to iCloud.com from a desktop browser and see if the photos load there. If they do, then the cloud is functioning properly. (You said it loads on the iPad so that probably already is the case.)

Have you tried turning the iCloud photo library off in iPhone and back on again? Is there enough available storage to hold a full or optimized library (you need a few GB of space to accomodate the reduced-size thumnbnails, depending on how many).

Thumbnails in iCloud Photo Library not populating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.