Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download photo from Iphone to PC

I tried to connect my iphone6 to PC and it was detected properly. However, when I try to open the photos folder directly from My Computer which I always did on my Iphone4. I found it cannot detect and display the photos. Therefore, I cannot download and delete the photos as I used to do.

I tried some 3 party SW and it can display the photos properly, but their problem is I cannot delete downloaded photos from there directly.

Pls help as the phone is running out of memory. Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Jul 11, 2015 9:44 AM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2015 9:17 AM in response to Eddylamhk

Hello Eddylamhk,

If you are trying to import your photos from your iPhone 6 to your PC, try the steps below:

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302

Import media to a Windows PC

Before importing your media:

Windows 8: Learn how to import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD (Windows Help)
Windows 7 and Windows Vista: Learn how to get pictures from your camera to your computer (Windows Help)

If your computer doesn't recognize an attached iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, and prevents you from importing photos to your computer, learn how to resolve the issue.

If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204597

Check for updates

1. Check for updates to your photo-management software and iTunes.
  2. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  3. In Windows, use the Windows Update application.

Try to import the photos again

First, try the steps to import the photos to your computer again. Then try these steps:

1. Create a new photo to import. You can save a screenshot on your iOS device by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  2. Connect your iOS device to your computer.
  3. Try to import your photos again using your photo-management software. You can also try these steps on your PC:​
    • Windows 8: Move the cursor to the upper-right corner, click the magnifying glass, enter Computer, and press Return. Right-click your device under Portable Devices (if present) and choose Import Photos.
    • Windows 7: Choose Start > Computer. Under Portable Devices, right-click the device and choose Import Photos.
  4. If your computer doesn't see your device, make sure your device trusts the computer.

Try a different computer

If you don't see the camera entry in the Device Manager, test your iOS device on a different computer.

If another computer recognizes the iOS device as a camera, contact Microsoft, or whoever supports Windows on your computer, for help with this issue.

Take care,

Cannot download photo from Iphone to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.