Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I keep the battery healthy

I have read all the articles and answers regarding this issue and still cannot find a complet answer. Even read through http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/ I do NOT want to know about turning off apps to "preserve" battery life. I want to know how to charge my battery in order to KEEP it healthy and last as long as possible for the LIFE of the phone/device. For example, do not let the device battery get below 50%, do not keep it on the charger for X amount of time, etc. I would also like answers for my iWatch and my Macbook Pro with Retina Display early 2013. Would much appreciate it. Thank you

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 11, 2015 1:40 PM

9 replies

Jul 11, 2015 2:19 PM in response to konagal

konagal wrote:

I have read all the articles and answers regarding this issue and still cannot find a complet answer. Even read through http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/ I do NOT want to know about turning off apps to "preserve" battery life. I want to know how to charge my battery in order to KEEP it healthy and last as long as possible for the LIFE of the phone/device. For example, do not let the device battery get below 50%, do not keep it on the charger for X amount of time, etc. I would also like answers for my iWatch and my Macbook Pro with Retina Display early 2013. Would much appreciate it. Thank you

The simple answer is don't worry about it. Charge it when you want to, for as long as you want to. The only thing you should not do is let the battery run all the way down, then NOT charge it. If it reaches zero % then charge it soon; don't wait. (Actually, you have about a week, because the way Apple designed it "0%" is not a flat battery. There's still plenty of reserve). At the other end, there is no need to disconnect the power source when the phone reaches 100%, because it is "smart" enough to stop charging. Probably the easiest and best way to manage the battery is to charge it overnight, every night. Then you will have a full charge to start the day.

How do I keep the battery healthy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.