Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to move photos in iphoto book from one page to another

I am using iphoto 11, v. 9.2.1, and would like to override the automatic placement of my photos on various pages in the iphoto book I am creating. I have tried drag and drop, clicked and double-clicked in every way I know how, but the photos do not move from the place where iphoto has placed them. The previous software had easy drag and drop capability, with a ribbon bar at the top showing all your photos in a handy placement. I have discovered a way to delete the photo placement, so I could delete the entire layout and start all over. Maybe Apple has thought of an easier way.....Can someone tell me how to rearrange photos in an Apple iphoto book?

imac

Posted on Jul 11, 2015 12:53 PM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2015 3:15 PM in response to rich3500

I've only got iPhoto 9.6.1 to test with but with it I can show 2 pages side by side in the window and click and drag a photo from one frame to any other frame in the same page or adjacent page.

Also, the photos in the book are accessible via a thumbnail tray at the right.

User uploaded file

To avoid the Autoflow in the book first create the book with just one photo. Then add the remaking photos to the book and access them via the photos tray at the right.

User uploaded file

Jul 12, 2015 8:24 AM in response to Old Toad

This is helpful, thank you. I want to move photos to/from more than the adjacent pages, and when I try to do that in "view all pages", it will not work. So it appears this flexibility is rather limited, at least in the newer version that I have. In the future I will follow your advice on creating the book first with a single photo, then adding all the other photos to the project so I have more flexibility and do not have to delete all of Apple's placement and start all over. This will be a big timesaver. Thanks!

how to move photos in iphoto book from one page to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.