Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change type of book desired

I am creating an iphoto book and, now that I am finished creating the book, I would like to order a hardbound instead of a wirebound version. There doesn't seem to be a way of doing this without changing the theme -- which, according to a warning message, deletes all the text I have carefully created. Am I stuck redoing all this work, or is there a way to redesignate the type of binding without losing my work? Also, sometimes I would like to purchase different sizes and bindings of the same book in the same order, but this does not appear to be possible. Apple should want me to order more books. Am I missing something?

imac

Posted on Jul 11, 2015 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2015 1:02 PM

Yew you are missing something - No it does not delete the text but it may reflow it

duplicate the book first (select it and press control and D) in case of problems then change theme and select the same theme and the new style

You can not order different books in the same order- each different book is a different order - only multiples of the exact same book can be ordered in one order

N

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2015 1:02 PM in response to rich3500

Yew you are missing something - No it does not delete the text but it may reflow it

duplicate the book first (select it and press control and D) in case of problems then change theme and select the same theme and the new style

You can not order different books in the same order- each different book is a different order - only multiples of the exact same book can be ordered in one order

N

Jul 11, 2015 1:05 PM in response to rich3500

Am I stuck redoing all this work, or is there a way to redesignate the type of binding without losing my work?

You have to go back to "change the theme" to change the binding, but if you do not change the page size and the actual theme, the text should be saved.

But duplicate the book before you change the theme, so you can copy and paste the text from the current version, if need be.

How to change type of book desired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.