Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 is lack of apps stability

Hello everyone,

As an iOS user for several years, I realized that as iOS is higher, 3rd apps stability is weaker than weaker. Right now as for iOS 8.4 on iph 6 plus, even music app has some glitches while open it suddenly. To be honest, modern iOS has lack of stability. 3rd party apps freezes, glitches everywhere, crashes ..

I wondered why? Like Facebook app, as soon as i get iOS 8.4 for first time, it has glitches. but app developer release update in the next day so it's ok. But for others, I thinks it's not too easy to release updates that fixes for modern firmware.For examble, Musixmatch app, It has some glitches while skipping and searching songs because it mismatch with new music app.And Temple run Oz, have a severe graphic error in Dark Forest and winkle country. It's very uncomfortable for customers. It's getting weird. Even if they release new fixes, they need to prepare for the next coming iOS version cause new versions are ever coming.

So, this circle will never ends.

So, I hope that Apple software team should make more effort on bugs and errors, especially on apps stability on 3rd apps( Actually , iOS is totally rely on using apps, not like other OS which have full of customization and less restrictions). .

So please advise your thoughts.

Thank You

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 11, 2015 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2015 7:59 PM

My thoughts?

It's the app developers responsibility to keep their apps compatible with new versions of iOS.

Apple has nothing to do with third-party apps crashing because the app developer failed to do their due diligence.

The update cycle of system software and third-party apps will never stop until the system software has reached end of life.

That's how software development works.

Nothing new there.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2015 7:59 PM in response to S Ks

My thoughts?

It's the app developers responsibility to keep their apps compatible with new versions of iOS.

Apple has nothing to do with third-party apps crashing because the app developer failed to do their due diligence.

The update cycle of system software and third-party apps will never stop until the system software has reached end of life.

That's how software development works.

Nothing new there.

Sep 5, 2015 8:37 AM in response to msuper69

Hello .. Sorry for late. i am going out of us. Usually, when apps are not compatible, We used to send report to developers. But also, I suggest that Apple also might need to concern the relationship between devs and customers. Also, Apple need to force on some developers who don't want to take any risk after they sold their apps. This is very shameful. They don't have any response for customers and that's weird.As iOS is totally reliable on apps using, the stability of apps are the majority among all others. Thanks for discussing. ^_^

iOS 8 is lack of apps stability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.