Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 2nd Gen Stops playing track and skips to next

This happens on a number of tracks after a few seconds in. I can hold down the fast forward and hear a few more seconds of the track but then it skips to the next track. The tracks play fine in iTunes.

I haven't an skip on shuffle on these tracks.

I don't have any tracks purchased from apple. The majority are mpeg4 and a few AAC Audio File (not protected).

I have tried reset and restore and adding back but the tracks play only few seconds and skip.

Any help on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

iPod nano, 2nd Generation

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 6:08 AM

3 replies

Jul 14, 2015 12:01 PM in response to maddanj

Jason L told me to follow the Apple technical support guidelines for this issue. I can't access the latest reply to respond so I'm putting it here. I've already done the research and process of elimination from Apple via the link he provided: Troubleshooting songs that skip - Apple Support

and also from the support community here but none of these has resolved my issue. The issue is with mpeg4 not AAC protected audio files.

Thanks Jason

iPod 2nd Gen Stops playing track and skips to next

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.