Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since iOS 8.4, IMAP email not working and mobile data not working. My iPad is now useless, please Apple, fix this for me!

I've updated to iOS 8.4, and now I can't get email from my Vrigin Media IMAP account, and networiking doesn't work on cellular data, only on Wi Fi. Since I use my iPad for accessing email on my train journey to and from work, it is now useless to me. This is incredibly frustrating, and no sign of any help from Apple to fix these issues. Anyone know of any fixes, other than completely wiping mi iPad and starting again?

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 4:32 AM

4 replies

Aug 3, 2015 1:52 PM in response to tracyfromberks

Unfortunately my iPad is still useless... I went to the Apple Store in the Oracle in Reading and they said all there technicians were booked for the remainder of the day, so I should call Apple Support and they'll then talk me through a full backup of my data, followed a completely new, clean install of 8.4, followed by a restore of my data.

I just haven't found time to do this yet. I think it may work, but I'm not sure. It's an incredible amount of hassle, so I'm also thinking maybe there will be an 8.4.1 that will fix it at some point. But given that Apple seems to have done very little to acknowledge there's a problem, maybe I'm being too hopeful.

My other choice is to go back early in the day to the Apple Store and get their technicians to do the work.

BTW, it's not Virgin Media, unless they've transitioned your account from Google to Virgin, which is something happening at some point over the coming months, but they would have let you know about that. I know it's not Virgin Media, because on my iPad I can access my wife's Virgin Media email account, but not mine, and on another iPad that is running 8.3, I can access my email OK.

Since iOS 8.4, IMAP email not working and mobile data not working. My iPad is now useless, please Apple, fix this for me!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.