Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I plug my Iphone 4 via USB to my computer. A pop up appears to import my videos and pictures. I continue to get the error message no new pictures or videos were found on this device. When indeed I've done this before and imported videos/pictures f

I plug my Iphone 4 via USB to my computer. A pop up appears to import my videos and pictures. I continue to get the error message no new pictures or videos were found on this device. When indeed I've done this before and imported videos/pictures it was no prob

i have unlocked phone before i plugged it in and press trust all to no avail !

iPhone 4

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 7:29 AM

2 replies

Jul 14, 2015 6:53 AM in response to john25000

Hi, John.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your computer is automatically launching the option to import photos from your iPhone. However, you are receiving an alert that no new pictures or videos were found. This alert usually means that the computer sees that all photos and videos taken with the iPhone have been imported already. Have you taken any new photos or videos with your iPhone since your last import? If you have, take a look at the troubleshooting article below as it may help with this scenario. If none of the steps in the article below help resolve this issue, please reply back and also include which computer operating system you are using.

If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

Cheers

Sep 30, 2015 7:00 AM in response to john25000

Hi John.

The error message "No new pictures or videos were found on this device." that you received is due to the fact that you already are using iCloud and your pictures being backed up in the cloud. To download the pictured from your iPhone you can:

1. Do the old fashion way: (e.g., as per APPLE article: If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support)

-- 1st, turn off your iCloud (go to "setting", click on "iCloud", switch "iCloud Drive" off)

-- 2nd, while your iPhone screen is unlocked, connect it via USB to your computer, and follow the article above.

2. Web Based: go to https://www.icloud.com/ on your computer and login with your APPLE ID and its password

-- 1st, click on Photo icon

-- 2nd, from menu, click on "Select Photo" (you can use Ctrl+click to select individually or click on the top first picture to have it selected, and then scroll down to the last picture and use Shift+click to select them all)

-- 3rd. from menu click on "Upload" and follow the prompt.

-- 4th all your picturs will be downloaded into your PC download folder (located at C:\Users\(user name)\Downloads)

Good Luck,

Nader

I plug my Iphone 4 via USB to my computer. A pop up appears to import my videos and pictures. I continue to get the error message no new pictures or videos were found on this device. When indeed I've done this before and imported videos/pictures f

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.