Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

30 pin adaptor or bluetooth

I'm not sure this question is in the right spot but.....

I have an iPhone 6 and an old Bose Sounddock with a 30 pin connector. I've done some Googling and I see I can either get an adapter that makes the 30 pin to a lightening connector that I have on my iPhone 6 or a Bluetooth adaptor.

I'm not super techy, is there any reason to pick one over the other? Is the sound quality the same? If someone has one or the other would you recommend it?

Thanks for any help.

Susan

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), iphone 6, ipad, Apple TV new imac

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 12:30 PM

I would (and have myself) go for the simpler solution of the adapter. No software/pairing hassle, and no effect on the sound quality. Plug and go!

2 replies

Jul 12, 2015 1:50 PM in response to susan-kelly

As tonefox has advised the adapter is the simplest solution BUT what ever you do purchase the genuine Apple Adapter not a cheap copy

The copies generally in very small print admit they do not transmit sound .......

I use several genuine adapters from Apple all work perfectly in a variety of scenarios including a Bose Sounddock

30 pin adaptor or bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.