Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

preflight file error

Has anyone else come across an error while using the Mac App Store where you cannot get an app to update, or download, because of a "preflight file error", where the app says that it's not signed by Apple.

This started for me after I started using Yosemite, and I have two-factor authentication activated. Usually I can work around the error and get the app to update, or download bu using Update All, but I'm trying to download the El Capitan public beta now, and the program will not download.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Mac App StoreHas any o

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 10:42 AM

Launch the Keychain Access application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

From the menu bar, select

Keychain Access Preferences... Certificates

There are three menus in the window. Change the selection in the top two to Best attempt, and in the bottom one to CRL. Log out, log back in, and test.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2015 10:42 AM in response to MD_Kearns

Launch the Keychain Access application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

From the menu bar, select

Keychain Access Preferences... Certificates

There are three menus in the window. Change the selection in the top two to Best attempt, and in the bottom one to CRL. Log out, log back in, and test.

Oct 6, 2015 1:55 AM in response to Linc Davis

The question is, whether Apple is supporting these certificate preferences for their OS installers? If they don't, lowering the settings becomes barely acceptable. But if they do, users who receive that error should suspect a man-in-the-middle attack. Or what other reason should there be for constant failures to verify the installer signatures?

preflight file error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.