Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I write newsletter in iPages 5.5.3?

I'd like to produce a 4 to 8 page newsletter with text, images, multiple fonts, connections between text boxes, etc. Is it possible? If yes, where do I find useful information how to go about it.

I realize the question is fairly basic but with all the criticisms to the switch from '09 to version 5, I wonder if I should try.

I am using a 21" iMac, late 2013

with Yosemite.

Many thanks.

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 10:33 AM

4 replies

Jul 12, 2015 2:22 PM in response to dalonso88

According to recent posts, Pages 5.x.x does not support linking of text boxes.

Pages 4, part of iWork '09 does support text box linking, and offers 14 newsletter templates, each with editable layouts for several pages. Here's a look at one example.

User uploaded file

Each opens with a single page; others can be added as you need them.

Regards,

Barry

Apple no longer sells iWork '09, but it is available from other sources, including Amazon and (often) eBay.

Jul 12, 2015 2:50 PM in response to dalonso88

Unless you already have Pages '09, you can get it from Amazon as the iWork '09 DVD for approximately $20USD. By itself, this is not compatible with Yosemite because the applications on the DVD are too old. So, once the DVD is installed, you download and run the Apple iWork '09 installer to get these iWork '09 applications to their latest revisions. It will give you Pages '09 v4.3.

The PDF manual for Pages '09 can be found here, not from the link on the Pages Help menu. Apple keeps rearranging the deck chairs. Because this is a discontinued product, Apple has changed many of the older links to videos, etc. to redirect to the Pages v5 page. Understand that Pages '09 has 100+ more features than Pages v5.5.3 on Yosemite.

Also, realize that the iWork '09 DVD applications are all discontinued products from Apple's perspective, and they are not taking pains to ensure that future releases of OS X will not break these applications.

Can I write newsletter in iPages 5.5.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.