Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

beats pill xl recall issues

Hello,

as some (or all?) of you know, the beats pill xl has been recalled. As advised, I filled out the form and after being called, I got sent a box and mailed my pill.

That was 5 weeks ago. Supposedly, the payback should be available within 3 weeks. I did have one missed call about 2 weeks ago, which was (similar to the call mentioned above) from Luxemburg. But it was just this one call, whereas they tried calling me several times, when it was explaining to me what was gonna happen.

Since it's been so long, I wanted to try to contact support and schedule a call. To do so, I need to enter the serial number of the box. That's impossible though. Whenever I enter the entire serial "RAVE WH XXXXXXXXXX" it doesn't even recognize it as one, same with "RAVEWHXXXXXXXXXX", "WH XXXXXXXXXX" etc. If I enter just the "XXXXXXXXXX" part, it says it's invalid.

But without a serial, I'm not able to contact support. But I'd like to do so, because I now neither have a speaker nor the promised refund and I have no idea what to do.

Any advice?

Beats Pill XL-OTHER

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 11:13 AM

10 replies

Jul 15, 2015 3:15 AM in response to raticate

i also have the same problem ... i have sent my beats pill xl on the 25th june. On the 3rd july i got a call I couldn't answer at that time and now I tried to contact the apple support but the serial number is not valid. It would be great if someone could answer this. @Barry Hemphill I have sent the beat pill xl to apple and if I can't contact the apple support because of the serial number, i can't contact the manufacturer

sry my english is not the best

Jul 15, 2015 10:40 AM in response to raticate

Some problem here.

But I didn't miss any of Apple calls.

UPS says it was delivered on 19/06 but I didn't get the refund yet. I already call apple and they told that in the system the information is that they not receive the package .....

I have the tracking number ... So I know that they already receive the item almost 1 month ago .... So the question is ..... 3 Weeks ???????????

I will wait for another answer from them otherwise I will have to take measures against this .....

Jul 19, 2015 10:06 AM in response to Jag hen

Jag hen wrote:

186 views , 25 with the same question, and still nothing from apple .... it's like they want to steal our beat pill devices without paying anything. If I had known this I wouldn't had sent my device to them because now I have a lost of 300€ which is a lot of money for a student like me.

This is a user-to-user forum. Apple doesn't participate here. Use the Contact Us link at the bottom right of every page for information on how to contact Apple Directly.

Jul 20, 2015 2:07 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

As I wrote in my OP (and as Jag hen has mentioned), contacting Apple wasn't or isn't possible, since you need to enter a Serial Number but if done so it says the number is invalid.

However, I was eventually able to schedule a phone call and have been told that my speaker is listed as "received". Now I just have to wait for the confirmation email that the refund is initiated. So at least it's not lost.

I don't know if it works for other people as well but I scheduled a call via: https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action (-> More Products & Services -> Beats by Dre -> Service Request). It didn't ask for a serial (this time) and the person on the phone could help me immediately. You'll need the Follow-Up ID from the mail you received at the very beginning after filling out the form.

Jul 20, 2015 3:26 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I did so last week, yes.

But, if you can read, it wasn't possible (for me, Jag hen and 28 other people) to do so before that.

I have tried, before writing the original post, exactly the way you suggested. Even the way I suggested in my own latest post. But while I now can click on "schedule a phone call" and immediately get redirected to the calendar to choose a date/time, I used to get asked for the serial number of the product in question to do so. The serial number was considered invalid, though, so I couldn't get any further than that. There were no alternate options either (whereas now it even offers to have an online chat with someone from Apple). The only other option was to log in with my Apple ID and to choose a registered product, but the box wasn't one of them, so I was still stuck.

Anyways, if several people say they weren't able to contact Apple via the "Contact us" options on the website, simply saying "Contact Apple!" might not be as great of a help as you may think.

Dec 3, 2015 8:12 PM in response to raticate

The way Apple is handling the beats pill XL recall program is wofeul. Whenever I try to contact Apple care, the staff there tell me that they are disconnected from the 'special' team that is handling the recall and they cannot verify any information. They shipped me the box with a company names TNT in Australia who are just as woeful as Apple. TNT driver told me while delivering the return box that they would pick it up on the Friday. They have not turned up and when I call Apple, they say they are not allowed to directly contact the recall team. Absolutely pathetic. Apple might be the one of the richest companies on earth. But when it came down to customers getting reimbursed for this recall, they are making every effort to make the speaker return process as annoying and stressful for the customer as they can. It is well and truly annoying.

Varkey

Feb 4, 2016 2:42 PM in response to varkey

II'm up in Canada , filled the recall . Waited from dec to jan, inquired about the Status or box for return...emailed again and again and still am waiting for the box to return this fire hazard... Latest update today was they are having a shipping issue, not enough boxes to send out.... Yep and like a dummy I said ok I'll just wait for beats/Apple to locate some rare boxes to send my way. Really... Somethings up either they want to wait out people so they don't have to honor the recall or this is a company that can't figure out how to fold a box...

beats pill xl recall issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.