Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP. "No Service" on my iPhone 6 - iOS 8.4

I have this "No Service" issue on my iPhone 6 iOS 8.4 This happened 2 days ago, after my battery died (expectedly, merely a minute after it still has 1% left), I charged it until it's usable again. I noticed that it shows "No Service" on the upper left. I tried to put the "No Service SIM" on my other iPhone, which is iPhone 5, and nicely it has signal, definitely, I may conclude that it has no SIM issues, I tried to bring back it to my iPhone 6, sadly it still shows "No Service" I did so many things like Airplane mode on/off, manual selection of carrier, hard reset, Reset Network Settings, Firmware upgrade via iPhone 6 Restoration, upto the point when I erase all the settings and data, then restore it, still it shows "No Service". What can you recommend to me before I bring this up to Apple Service Center (that could be miles away from my house)

TLDR: My iPhone 6 iOS 8.4 has "No Service" after recharging it from an intentional dead battery (a minute after 1% mark.) I did many things like hard reset, restoration, and complete erase of data and settings. Still "No Service" HELP.

ADDITIONAL: I already did what Apple recommends me. -> If you can't connect to a cellular network or cellular data - Apple Support

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, 3 months old.

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 10:49 AM

22 replies

Jul 12, 2015 10:59 AM in response to Dinnch

Does your iPhone connect to WiFi? Does it now show full charge? When you say hard reset, do you mean reboot by holding both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears?

If you did the reboot and it still does not see the cellular network with a valid sim, take it to an Apple Store Genius Bar and have the techs test it for hardware failures.

Jul 31, 2015 3:14 AM in response to Frustrated Z

Hi, so the same thing happened to my iPhone 6, the message of no service just appeared. However, my sister has an iPhone 5, and hers is older and has been through a couple of broken screens - so i figured it was just bad reception at our country house. Needless to say, it didn't improve when i accidentally dropped in in the toilet a couple of days after first seeing the 'no service' message. Long story short, I contacted my carrier who explained that I have ruined my phone for ever and ever and that the water damage is enormous! I felt really bad obviously, BUT, I am my fathers daughter, and if he taught me anything it's to always have a backup to restore to. I chose a backup from march, before the last update - and needless to say i totally fixed it. No more 'no service' i have plenty service, and my carrier is an idiot. Hope you all are having luck fixing your phones!

HELP. "No Service" on my iPhone 6 - iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.