Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music crashes on iPad

Apple Music crashes on my iPad mini 2. It also crashes on my daughters iPad mini 2. Obviously, they are both on iOS 8.4. I'm the main account holder and her iPad is subscribed via family sharing to my Apple Music account.

Apple Music appears to work flawlessly on her iPhone 5 using all the same account settings. It works on my iPhone 6 and iMac with iTunes 12.2.

I have done a hard reset on my iPad and turned Apple Music on and off in settings but it still crashes intermittently. There does not seem to be any particular action that crashes it. Generally a couple of searches and some browsing around, going down musical rabbit holes and other musical discovery activity will cause if to start skipping / jumping in the track that's playing followed by unresponsive links and then crashing out to the iPad desktop. Takes less then 10 minutes. Happens on both iPads and at work too, so that should rule out any device or network issues.

Yesterday, I contacted Apple Support. We went through a number of actions culminating in a backup and restore of my iPad and setting it up as a new iPad without restoring my backup. Apple Music still crashes. I will get back to Apple Support tomorrow but was wondering if any one else is seeing this?

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 2:58 PM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2015 12:18 PM in response to AndyJMoore

So I've been on the phone to Apple Support again today. Still made no progress as to what is causing this. They ran some diagnostics on my iPad and can see that there's some sort of out of memory error causing the Apple Music application to crash.

I have created a video showing the issue and sent it to Apple Support, I've also uploaded it to YouTube but they stripped the Audio as I played some music in the app :\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRZdr6WOVxA

In the video, I start an album playing in the New tab and then try a search for Avril Lavigne. Her artist page is displayed but I cannot select any of the other similar artist links like Paramore and it's a bit stuttery on the scrolling.. It also will not play the latest single when I tap it. I then search for Paramore but the search results page does not update. I switch to the For You tab and try to play the first album but the app crashes.

Apple Music crashes on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.