Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook will not boot up. Blue screen of death.

iBook G4 won't boot. Shows blue screen of death. What to do?

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 7:20 PM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2015 7:25 PM in response to avspatti

If your data is not backed up, you will have a hard time finding data recovery software at this point that might fix the problem, although some Mac user groups may have older software that can fix it. Remember, your Mac can run a maximum of 10.4.11 if it is only 800 Mhz, and 10.5.8 if it is 867 Mhz or higher (1 Ghz is higher). Any recovery tools would have to be limited to the operating system your Mac maxes at out. When recovering, be familiar with the destination format of Apple Partition Map, as GUID partitioning won't be readable by PowerPC Macs. I do consulting from my page which offers data recovery advice*:

http://www.macmaps.com/backup.html

It also offers solutions for repairing the directory if the data is backed up, as often that's all you need to do. If nothing else works, give me a call, and I can offer paid advice.

* Links to my pages may give me compensation.

iBook will not boot up. Blue screen of death.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.