Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing 'Family' list from reminders and calendar

A while ago I had turned on Family Sharing in an attempt to synchronize my personal and work stuff.

I have abandoned the work iCloud address, and now use solely my personal address. In the process, I removed the work address from family sharing, then disabled family sharing.

In my reminders and calendars app, there is still a "Family" listing. How can I remove this?

Thanks much!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 6:31 PM

2 replies

Jul 14, 2015 2:04 PM in response to alexia416

Greetings alexia416,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you setup Family Share with your personal account as the organizer and the work account was added as a member. Since then you have removed the account and disbanded the family. Now you have Family in Reminders and Calendars. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

Can the family organizer leave or disband a family group?

The organizer will keep the family calendar, reminders, and shared photo album in their account.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Take care

Nov 24, 2015 10:11 PM in response to mario49

Hi Mario49,

I read the article you recommended but I am not happy about the results. Having the family calendar is an annoyance every time I sync with iTunes. Apple should allow the deletion of the family calendar when family sharing is disabled. I cannot think of a single reason why you would want to carry it on your device when you are not using it. "Just in case" isn't a good answer.

Thank you for pointing out the answer though.

ED

Removing 'Family' list from reminders and calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.