Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My serial no longer works...

I've used Final Cut Studio since its release.

I have Final Cut Studio 2.

I updated to Yosemite on my edit suite and Final Cut and all the associated studio programmes require me to re-enter my serial.

When I enter my serial it says that its not valid.

I realise that Apple decided to abandon the Final Cut series a few years back and has now become a watch company but that shouldn't change whether or not I can use the software that I paid for no matter how old it is.

I'm sick of paying for this expensive software and it doesn't work - way to encourage piracy.

Is there a way that this can be addressed or should I just switch off apple and go back to Avid?

I only want to use compressor for gods sake.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Final Cut Studio '09, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 7:50 PM

6 replies

Jul 12, 2015 11:14 PM in response to Tim van Dammen

This issue could very well be that you are trying to run 7 year old software on a brand new OS. Apps that old, no matter what it is, typically don't work on new OS versions. It should work fine on 10.5 or 10.6....maybe even 10.7. But 10.10...that's WAY past what it was supported on. Even FCP 7 of FCS 3 doesn't work all that well under 10.10.

I'm actually amazed you were able to install it. The installer for that is PowerPC only and all emulation for older OS versions wasn't included in 10.10. Can only install via hacks

Jul 12, 2015 11:42 PM in response to Shane Ross

TThanks Shane. When it updates the OS it doesn't format your hard drive. I've been fine until this update. Skipped final cut x because I didn't see the advantage. final cut studio is not software I use often other than compressor and now I guess it's software I'll never be able to use.

my edit suite is a beast - at least was. It was bulit for red and da Vinci when that was a good option.

back to Avid...

Jul 13, 2015 2:07 PM in response to Shane Ross

Thanks for confirming that these products won't work and saving me time trying to get them to work.

I understand what you're saying about the OS but I need that updated to run other programs.

Every other piece of software I use works fine from the oldest to the latest version on the machine - from Adobe CC, to Avid, to Black Magic etc. Just the Apple stuff doesn't work.

Thanks for confirming my decision to stay away from Apple Products in the future.

My serial no longer works...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.