Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a new iphone 6 plus Saturday last, it was stolen from me before i even got to use it. is there anyway i can get the phone blocked?

Hello,

I purchased a new iPhone on the 11th of July, yesterday my iPhone got stolen its was never activated or turned on. is there anyway i could get the phone blocked? I believe the phone cannot be tracked? here is the attached receipt i got from ye on Saturday with the iPhones serial number and other verification included.

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 6:42 AM

Report a lost or stolen Apple product - Apple Support

But in your case, really not a great deal that can be done. Other than, of course, report it to law enforcement.

8 replies

Sep 2, 2015 7:53 AM in response to dbeatty12

The helpful reply to the OP is to say that you can report the serial number as stolen to Apple and they will flag the serial number. Then if the phone is brought in for service and Apple is unable to establish the identity of the person (as you) then Apple will withhold the phone (because of the flag) and contact you. (In other words, there is a remote chance of seeing your new phone again, however slim it is at least a chance.)

Sep 2, 2015 8:13 AM in response to KiltedTim

Kilted-Tim: Perhaps you are correct as to "confiscation" but you are incorrect as to establishing the flag and sending notification. Apple will place a flag on the Serial Number based on my being clearly identified as the original purchaser--I have the receipt and all necessary identification to establish my credibility. I love you negative Nancy's that are so quick to tell people how there is no hope or help out there. Despite your overwhelming "assistance" level you are disappointing.

Sep 2, 2015 9:07 AM in response to Rudegar

Thanks, Rudegar. That, in fact, is where my new, unlocked, unactivated iPhone 6 was stolen--in France to be specific. I checked with my current carrier AT&T and was told that since I bought the phone at an Apple Store they can't block the IMEI because it was never associated with an AT&T wireless number, but they explained they are 100% certain that the Apple Store can request a block on the IMEI if I show up with receipt and identification. That's nice to know the phone will be useless in the US. I will also have the foreign police report the IMEI as well.

I purchased a new iphone 6 plus Saturday last, it was stolen from me before i even got to use it. is there anyway i can get the phone blocked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.