Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i turn on Shuffle in the new version of itunes.

How do i turn on Shuffle in the new version of itunes. It stays on ALL the time and I cannot see any way to change it.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 7:07 AM

2 replies

Jul 15, 2015 6:43 AM in response to sniksder

Hello sniksder,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you'd like to turn off the shuffle function of iTunes, then all you need to do is simply click on the shuffle icon as shown below, ensuring it is gray.

To play a song in your iTunes library, double-click it. You can use the controls in the iTunes window to repeat songs, change the order they play in, and more.

User uploaded file

To view your music library, click the Music button User uploaded file near the top left of the iTunes window.

Shuffle or repeat songs

Do any of the following:

Turn shuffle on or off: Click the Shuffle button User uploaded file.

Shuffle is on when the arrows are blue User uploaded file.

• Shuffle albums or groupings: Choose Controls > Shuffle > Albums (or Groupings). iTunes plays the songs in the order in which they appear on the album or in the grouping, and then chooses another album or grouping at random.
  • Repeat all songs in the current view (for example, a playlist): Choose Controls > Repeat > All.
  • Repeat the currently playing song: Choose Controls > Repeat > One.
  • Turn repeat off: Choose Controls > Repeat > Off.

iTunes 12 for Mac: Play songs

Take care.

How do i turn on Shuffle in the new version of itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.