Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have a Facebook virus on my iPhone?

Hi

On friday i received a message of someone i vaguely know on facebook messenger (the app). The message said: haha did u take this pic?? and a link ending with .co or something like that. I (stupidly) clicked the link and a screen kind of popped up (like it normally does when u click a link in messenger) with a facebook login. I logged in and I got directed to my normal fb page. So I probably got phished, but the day after that i changed my password and deleted my whole account. But what i am afraid of is that i maybe have some kind of malware or virus on my phone from the link i clicked. Is this possible on an iPhone? and does it have any other consequenses, like has it infected my wifi or my other devices? I ran an anti virus scan (kapersky) on my computer but it had no results.

Side note: I updated my phone from 8.3 to 8.4 after the incident

thanks for your help!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 7:32 AM

Since there are no known viruses for iOS in the wild, no, extremely unlikely. since this came through on a FaceBook app, you should probably search FB support for any possible implication. for good measure, change your logins for FaceBook and any accounts you may use Facebook to login with. If you did not actually input any information to a nefarious site (not sure based on what you have posted) you likely don't have anything to worry about. But again, it is accounts that would have been compromised, not your phone.

Kaspersky will not help when it comes to the iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2015 7:32 AM in response to aurorae__

Since there are no known viruses for iOS in the wild, no, extremely unlikely. since this came through on a FaceBook app, you should probably search FB support for any possible implication. for good measure, change your logins for FaceBook and any accounts you may use Facebook to login with. If you did not actually input any information to a nefarious site (not sure based on what you have posted) you likely don't have anything to worry about. But again, it is accounts that would have been compromised, not your phone.

Kaspersky will not help when it comes to the iPhone.

Jul 13, 2015 7:47 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Hi, thank you for your reply!

So i should contact facebook support and ask them this? Or should I report the account that sent me this? And what anti-virus could help for my iPhone?

I didn't put any personal information into the site, I only filled in my facebook inlog. I deleted changed my password and deleted my account the day after. I did not use my facebook to log in on other accounts. So I should be alright, I guess.

Do I have a Facebook virus on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.