Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have over 13,000 songs and itunes match is still in "waiting"

I have restarted itunes and match several times and all songs are still in waiting status. I can access some of them from my devices but not all of the songs. Itunes match looks like it finishes but it doesnt. what else can I do?????

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 8:47 AM

3 replies

Jul 15, 2015 7:34 AM in response to wwunderwmn

Good Afternoon, wwunderwmn -

I understand you are having issues uploading your 13,000 songs to iTunes Match. The resource below provides some steps to try to resolve your issue. I've highlighted the key information here for you. Click on the article for complete details.

Resolve issues with iTunes Match - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204406

If iTunes Match is already turned on for your computer or iOS device, try turning iTunes Match off and then on again:

Open iTunes.​

Mac: Hold down the option key, then choose Store > Turn Off iTunes Match from the menu bar at the top of your computer screen. Turn iTunes Match on by choosing Store > Turn On iTunes Match.

Check iCloud status

iCloud status will help you to figure out if a song was purchased from the iTunes Store, matched, uploaded, or is ineligible for upload. Items might not be eligible for upload if:

• Your computer isn't authorized to play that item.
  • The item wasn't purchased from the iTunes Store or was purchased using a different Apple ID.

To see the iCloud status of your songs:

1. Open iTunes. Make sure that you're in the My Music window. If you're not, click on the Music icon in the upper-left corner, then click on My Music in the top-middle of the screen.
  2. From the pop-up menu in the upper-right corner of the screen, select Songs.
  3. In the same menu, click Show Columns.
  4. Make sure that there is a check mark next to iCloud Status. If there's not, click on iCloud Status.
    A status button becomes visible next to songs.

If a song contains DRM and is no longer available to buy from the iTunes Store, the song is uploaded to iCloud and made available for download in protected DRM format. You will be required to authorize your computer or device for playback.

A song will not be uploaded to iCloud if the song contains DRM, was purchased using a different Apple ID, and could not be matched.

Songs encoded as MP3 or AAC that do not meet certain quality criteria will not be matched or uploaded to iCloud.

Song files over 200 MB will not be uploaded to iCloud.

Regards,

I have over 13,000 songs and itunes match is still in "waiting"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.