Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme flashing amber, but WIFI operates

Major fiasco with Comcast.... Anyways I got a new modem and all wireless devices are connected now, but the Airport Extreme is still flashing amber.

Suggestions?

Frank

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 10:10 AM

9 replies

Jul 13, 2015 10:16 AM in response to Florida 1953

Chances are, you have a Comcast modem/router or gateway type of device.....not a simple modem.Can you provide the make and model number of the device that Comcast has provided?

Are things working and the AirPort Extreme is flashing amber?

or

Are things not working and the AirPort Extreme is flashing amber?

What operating system are you running on your computer?

Jul 13, 2015 10:33 AM in response to Florida 1953

Open Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on the picture of the AirPort Extreme

Look in the smaller window that appears to see if an Update button is there. If it is, click it.

Otherwise, look for Status, and click on the small amber dot there.

If the message is Double NAT, you need to change a setting on the AirPort

Click Edit in the smaller window, then click the Network tab at the top of the next window

Change the setting for Router Mode from DHCP and NAT to read "Off (Bridge Mode)"

Click Update at the lower right of the window and give the AirPort a full minute to restart to a green light

Jul 13, 2015 9:12 PM in response to Bob Timmons

I am having a similar problem. I had AT&T U-verse, everything working fine. Switched internet providers to Charter, now my Airport Extreme won't stop flashing amber, doesn't show up in the airport utility, won't reset. My modem is a brand new Cisco DPC 3216 VOiP Cable Modem. The weird thing is I have the modem connected to the Airport (WAN slot), and the Airport connected to my PC (LAN slot). The internet is working on the PC (so it's passing through the Airport), but I cannot get the Airport Extreme to reset. At first it showed up on my Airport Utility, and said something about not being able to get an IP address. I've reset it and unplugged it several times (along with the modem and the PC) to no avail. I'd so appreciate any help. Thanks!

Airport Extreme flashing amber, but WIFI operates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.