Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to reinstall OSX

My Macbook Pro froze couple of days back and did not restart (Grey screen). I had upgraded to the latest Yosemite.I tried Command-R, Comman-Option-R to reinstall. The screen comes with 4 options and when I press reinstall. OSX Mountain Lion comes up (Guess that is what came preloaded). Unfortunately after agreeing to the T&C, the system is not able to identify my hard disk and is getting stuck. I repeated the same a few times, once or twice it found my hard disk, but while reinstalling midway it ges stuck and I am back to square one.

I did Command D to check for hardware problem and Apple diagnosed "No trouble found".

I tried to reset PRAM (command-option-P-R) nothing happened.

I think the basic issue is the system is not able to locate the hard disk at times.

How do I reinstall OSX. I already had backed up my data so data loss is not an issue. I just want to reinstall OSX.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 10:01 AM

There are no replies.

Not able to reinstall OSX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.