Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank boxes in gallery

I have an annoying issue with my gallery - majority of the pictures taken before October 2014 appear to be unviewable, as can be seen in the picture. however, if you tap on them, they will appear for a split second before a "loading" screen appears. Some of these were taken with the iPhone already, some were taken on previous phones. The cut off point after which it doesn't happen seem to be October 20th 2014, which might be when I got my replacement iPhone. Is there any way to recover these, since the pictures are still there but disappear under the loading screen?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 10:08 AM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2015 3:35 AM in response to NickT86

So using Windows Explorer I managed to extract all of the photos that are supposedly not working. I tried to delete them from the Windows level, hoping they would disappear from the iPhone gallery, but they are still there. Except now there's no picture and it's just stuck in the gallery.

Is there a way to completely wipe the gallery and reimport my pictures?

Blank boxes in gallery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.