Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod nano 7th generation earbuds dont work

I am using my Bluetooth to listen to music. When I plug in earbuds it doesn't work.

iPod nano, iOS 8.3, 7th generation

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 10:34 AM

1 reply

Jul 15, 2015 8:46 AM in response to margr22

Hello there, margr22.

From what you are describing, it sounds like you are not hearing audio through your earbuds when they are plugged into your iPod nano. To fix most headset issues, the following Knowledge Base article offers up some practical steps to try:

If your headset isn't working - Apple Support

You can fix most headset issues with a few steps. Try these first:

1. Make sure that the headset has a built-in microphone.
  2. Unplug the headset and clear any debris from the headset jack. Then plug it back in.
  3. Make sure the headset is plugged in all the way. If you’re using a case, remove it to make sure it’s not getting in the way.
  4. Check the headset cable, connector, remote, and earbuds for damage. Make sure they’re not blocked or dirty.
  5. Try using another headset. If the issue happens with the other headset, contact Apple Support for help. If the other headset works, contact the headset manufacturer.
  6. Try using a different iOS device with your headset. If the issue happens with the other iOS device, contact the headset manufacturer. For Apple headsets, contact Apple support.

If your headset still isn't working, follow the steps below for the issue.

If you can't hear through your headset

1. Adjust the volume on your iOS device. Try using the volume buttons and the Volume slider in Control Center.
  2. Unplug the headset to check if you can hear from the speaker on your iOS device. Can't hear from the speaker?
  3. If you can hear from the speaker and you still can't hear from your headset, contact the headset manufacturer. For Apple headsets, contact Apple Support.

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

Ipod nano 7th generation earbuds dont work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.