Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

require password for additional purchases on this computer

i get asked this every day when i update apps in itunes

i click a few times and it goes away, i've toggles the option in settings, but every day, its so annoying!!!

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 10:15 AM

10 replies

Aug 4, 2015 6:00 PM in response to Denise Woodcock

Any chance you have purchased an app in more than one App store? For example, like purchases in the US store with one Apple ID, and in the UK with another Apple ID? I'm running into this too, and I have purchases from both stores under two different Apple ID's, and I was wondering if it was because it was switching ID's when updating apps from different stores.

Aug 5, 2015 4:27 AM in response to kmichalec

I only have the one Apple ID, no changes to my account have been made for at least 18 months (when I registered a new debit card), this only began happening with the latest iTunes update. It may be that this password option only arrived in this update. I have an iPhone 6Plus, iPad mini and an iPod Touch and have also checked settings on there.

Every time I make the change in my iTunes account (via PC) it allows me to amend the password requirement to never then asks me to sign in again (I have already signed in prior to making the change). All remains well for that day, including if I re-boot the PC and re-open iTunes, but the next day the setting in my account has reverted. No other setting changes, just the password requirement.

Aug 13, 2015 10:52 AM in response to Ratbat

I have the same thing - when clicking on the update all apps button, i used to be able to leave it to finish, now it keeps stalling to ask "Require password for additional purchases on this computer?" with two options (always or after 15 minutes). Very annoying, because it never actually asks for my password. iTunes us up to date, running on up to date Mac. Would like this new bug to go away please Apple...

Sep 17, 2015 1:09 PM in response to abubasim66

My account has suddenly stopped asking me about this - happened less than a week ago and I am not sure why. I had discovered in my iTunes folder on my computer there were a lot of iTunes .tmp files going back over several days and I moved the earlier ones to another folder (prior to deleting once I knew they were not needed) and suddenly no pop up about password. However I still have my iTunes re-opening several times after I close it down!!

Sep 21, 2015 8:38 AM in response to Denise Woodcock

And since upgrading devices to os9 and PC to iTunes 12.3 I now get the cloud password required pop up every time I start to download. I'm not a user of iCloud at the moment so no idea why the system needs me to sign in - it's a pop up that says iTunes sometimes logs you out so you need to log back in - as before, I just close the box down and do nothing.

require password for additional purchases on this computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.