Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

default album art is last added pdf cover

Its so odd, but if I add a song or an album with no artwork, instead of the generic gray note iTunes chooses the cover from the last pdf file I added to books! Must be a bug, but is there a fix? At worst, can I somehow specify a new default image for "unknown" songs and folders of music?

Appreciate the replies.

~Bob

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1, itunes 12

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 7:20 AM

This helped for me.

Choose the 'Options' tab in Album Info. The media kind would be 'Mixed'. Change it to 'Music'. Now you can see a pdf as part of the album. If you delete the pdf, you can now set your album artwork.

Hope it helps🙂

10 replies

Jul 14, 2015 3:06 PM in response to Rysz

One of us is not following 🙂

It is not "untitled", it is "unknown" And there are NO other Unknown anythings. The pdf BOOK Cover it uses is from a known and titled book. Delete that book and the next "unknown" song uses the next last added KNOWN and TITLE book pdf cover. I do not think you sre grasping all the details here.

And previously, it would use the gray bland note icon / artwork for any music "unknown". SO something amiss. This is NOT how it works.

Unless I am being very dense and missing something.

So, if you are convinced you are right, please add a few pdf's to book. Close iTunes. Open an drag (or file/add file) a wav file to music. What icon/artwork is being used?

~BobUser uploaded file

Jul 15, 2015 2:10 AM in response to BobUlius

One generic note image to use as you see fit. 😉

User uploaded file

However you are likely to have trouble associating it with tracks in .wav format. iTunes has a way to display art for these if, and only if, it finds a match in the store. I'm not aware of any reliable method for tweaking the cache so that it holds your own choice, though it might be possible.

As for the original issue it reminds me of one I solved long ago with my iPod classic. As I recall certain inconsistencies in tagging, like having an artist's name spelt both with and without capitals, or having more than one album with the same title, could trigger something similar in the A-Z speed search with the wrong artwork showing up. I suspect it is like putting a deduped list side by side with the original and having things not line up at some point. Making my tags consistent with each other fixed things. See Grouping tracks into albums for details.

tt2

default album art is last added pdf cover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.