Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 4s screen freezes. i have a replacement phone. how do i erase the data on the phone when i cant put in my apple id

I have an iphone 4s. the screen started freezing. I can't type most words on it. I now have a replacement phone, but I cant erase the old iphone because I cant put in my apple id. how can i erase my old phone?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 2:07 PM

You can try erasing the phone through iTunes: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If the screen is locked, try putting it in recovery mode. Turn off your device and leave it off. Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes. Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. When you see this screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again. When your device is connected, iTunes will open. You'll see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in recovery mode. Use iTunes to restore your device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2015 2:07 PM in response to TMcCollum

You can try erasing the phone through iTunes: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If the screen is locked, try putting it in recovery mode. Turn off your device and leave it off. Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes. Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. When you see this screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again. When your device is connected, iTunes will open. You'll see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in recovery mode. Use iTunes to restore your device.

my iphone 4s screen freezes. i have a replacement phone. how do i erase the data on the phone when i cant put in my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.