Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6plus, iOS 8.4, no new emoji keyboard

Hello,

I got an iPhone 6plus last week, with iOS 8.4, but the emoji keyboard is not updated.

I have reset the keyboard dictionary and restarted my phone but to no avail.

Is there a way to remedy this issue?

thanks in advance!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 1:03 PM

Hello Tim !

Emoji Keyboard is surely updated but not in iOS 8.4. That update was basically about Apple Music and some other minor fixes

The Emoji keyboard update includes different tones for skin.

For instance if you want a "Thumbs UP" Sign and you want it in a slight darker tone you will then long press the emoji and then you can select between different range of tones.

Have a Nice Day !

HKQ

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Tim_Timmarie

Hello Tim !

Emoji Keyboard is surely updated but not in iOS 8.4. That update was basically about Apple Music and some other minor fixes

The Emoji keyboard update includes different tones for skin.

For instance if you want a "Thumbs UP" Sign and you want it in a slight darker tone you will then long press the emoji and then you can select between different range of tones.

Have a Nice Day !

HKQ

Aug 1, 2015 9:25 PM in response to HKQ

I am having the same problem. I purchased my new Iphone 6 Plus today in stores and everything transferred over perfectly! The only problem is I do not have access to the new emoji keyboard. The old one is still there and able to be used, but the whole point of getting a new phone was to receive the update for the new keyboard. I have tried to reset all of the keyboard, reset the phone, and even take off and put on the emoji keyboard selection. Nothing is working.

Did anyone find any solutions to this? I am getting quite frustrated and nothing is online! Thank you in advance! 🙂

6plus, iOS 8.4, no new emoji keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.