Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A helper sent me an epub document. It opened directly as a completed book in my iBook: I thought I would open it in iBooks Author and edit and then test it in iPad. How does he send me the document for me to be able to do that? Thanks

A helper sent me an epub document. It opened directly as a completed book in my iBook: I thought I would open it in iBooks Author and edit and then test it in iPad. How does he send me the document for me to be able to do that? Thanks

iBook

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 2:46 AM

He needs to send you the .iba file created by iBooks Author for you to edit it with that app. If he lost the .iba file then you would have to recreate the book or find some other app that can edit epub files.

If he did not use iBooks Author to create the epub doc, you need to use whatever app he did use (and not iBooks Author).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2015 2:46 AM in response to Le Maitre

He needs to send you the .iba file created by iBooks Author for you to edit it with that app. If he lost the .iba file then you would have to recreate the book or find some other app that can edit epub files.

If he did not use iBooks Author to create the epub doc, you need to use whatever app he did use (and not iBooks Author).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.