Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dazzle filter rendering error?

I am getting a discrepancy between the main working window within Motion 5.2.1 and what gets output for both still image and movie.

All I am using is a PNG with a Dazzle filter. Within the Dazzle filter settings there is a checkbox called 'Clip to White' which when checked displays the same preview within Motion as what gets output. i.e. no white legible text in the centre (see below). Unchecking the box reveals the normal preview. Simply put, my Motion is rendering everything as if the 'clip to white' option is always turned on.

Is this a known glitch and if so does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks!

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Apple iMac 27" 3.5 GHz i7

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 12:39 PM

4 replies

Jul 17, 2015 7:46 AM in response to BenB

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your suggestion. I do currently have the Color drop-down set to 'Color' and the 'Premultiply alpha' checked in the render settings but exports are still coming out the incorrectly.

If you or anyone would like to see if the Dazzle > Filters > 'clip to white' option is also not working on their Motion then here is a very simple test file I just created: https://goo.gl/Rre6FN

All you need to do is go to 'save current frame' and see if the output is the same as what is displayed in the main working area. In Motion when the layer is selected the thumbnail preview in the top left will also show an incorrect visual.

Dazzle filter rendering error?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.