Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2 - sudden static noise between playing ads and music

From time to time I get sudden VERY LOUD static noise while listening to iTunes radio. It happens when I listen to the radio right before an ad. The noise lasts only a second, but each time it hurts my ears, especially when I'm using apple headphones (wired earbuds from my iphone).

Does anyone has a similar problem or solution?

P.S. To apple, I'm getting tired of writing issues. Each update introduces more problems than fixes.

Note: this is not a bluetooth connection issue, that I also have and it's described here: Sudden loud static noise on bluetooth headset

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 8:54 AM

This just started happening with me as well. At first I thought my JBL speaker system was causing the issue but unplugged external speakers and the loud static/pop noise plays through my I Mac speakers as well - right before a commercial when listening to I-Tunes radio.

This was not an issue before and I've only seen a limited amount of people reporting this issue with no response on fix.

Hope we'll see something soon but I'm done with Radio until then. Back to My Music!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2015 8:54 AM in response to Den137

This just started happening with me as well. At first I thought my JBL speaker system was causing the issue but unplugged external speakers and the loud static/pop noise plays through my I Mac speakers as well - right before a commercial when listening to I-Tunes radio.

This was not an issue before and I've only seen a limited amount of people reporting this issue with no response on fix.

Hope we'll see something soon but I'm done with Radio until then. Back to My Music!

iTunes 12.2 - sudden static noise between playing ads and music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.