Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad air backup issues

I purchased an ipad air for my wife and wanted to keep her old purchases. I did a backup of her ipad 2 to the windows computer, then chose to restore to the ipad air. All seems ok except whenever I try to do a backup of the ipad air, it seems to go through the motions, but always finishes with the message that no backup has been done under the last backup information. I don't want to lose the work that she is doing on the ipad air, but I have tried several things and cannot get it to show a backup has been done.

iPad Air, iOS 8.4, itunes on windows 7 pro pc

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 2:25 PM

1 reply

Jul 15, 2015 12:59 PM in response to hhawk55

Hello there, hhawk55.

When you are unable to make an iTunes backup of your iOS device, the following Knowledge Base article offers a checklist of steps to follow for troubleshooting:

If you can't make an iTunes backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

After each step, try to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch again.

Restart your computer and your iOS device.

After restarting, try to make the backup again.

Unplug your other USB devices.

Unplug everything from your computer except your iOS device, keyboard, and mouse. Make sure you plug your iOS device directly into your computer.

Check your Windows security settings.

If iTunes for Windows stops responding or your backup never finishes, you might need to update, configure, disable, or uninstall your security software. Learn more if iTunes for Windows isn't responding.

Reset the Lockdown folder.

Try resetting the Lockdown folder to start or save a backup.

Try your secondary computer.

If you own more than one, try making a backup on your other Mac or PC.

Free up space.

If iTunes can't make a backup of your device because there’s not enough free space, try freeing some space on your Mac or PC. Then follow steps to make a backup again.

Get more help

Make a backup in iCloud or iTunes

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

ipad air backup issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.