Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have lost my mail, app. all other apps are OK. When the mail icon on home page is tapped, the mail app comes on then disappears in 10 seconds. Mail icon on home page is showing I have mail.

I have lost my mail, app. all other apps are OK. When the mail icon on home page is tapped, the mail app comes on then disappears in 10 seconds. No mail pr mail boxes are shown. Mail icon on home page is showing I do have mail.

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 3:44 PM

1 reply

Jul 15, 2015 2:11 PM in response to diggs1936

Howdy diggs1936,

From what I gather, there's an issue with the Mail app quitting unexpectedly on your iPad. Take a look at the article linked below and try running through the general app troubleshooting suggestions in the article below.

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Restart your device

Turn your device off and back on.

Check for iOS and app updates

1. Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.
  2. Open the App Store and tap Updates.
  3. If updates are available, tap Update All.
  4. If asked, enter your Apple ID password.

If the issue persists, try restoring your iPad as shown here:

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

So long.

I have lost my mail, app. all other apps are OK. When the mail icon on home page is tapped, the mail app comes on then disappears in 10 seconds. Mail icon on home page is showing I have mail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.