Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes no longer opens automatically when the box "open iTunes when this iPod/iPad is connected" is checked. Since upgrading to 12.1 (and OS 10.10.4 and iOS 8.4) this is no longer the case.

When I connected my iPod or iPad to my Mac Book Pro, iTunes used to open automatically when the box "open iTunes when this iPod/iPad is connected" was checked. Since upgrading to iTunes 12.1 and just now 12.2 (and OS 10.10.4 and iOS 8.4) this is no longer the case. I tried to uncheck the box, restart the Mac (and the iPod and iPad), reconnect, re-check the box etc. but to no avail. If i connect the iPod/iPad nothing happens. If I open iTunes manually, however, it does recognize the iPod/iPad and starts syncing. Any idea of how to fix this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 4:38 AM

3 weeks later and not a single answer? I found people describing the same problem with previous versions of iTunes and tried to apply their solutions or suggestions (uncheck the box "open iTunes, quit, reopen, recheck the box, quit, reopen", etc.), but with no success.

2 replies

iTunes no longer opens automatically when the box "open iTunes when this iPod/iPad is connected" is checked. Since upgrading to 12.1 (and OS 10.10.4 and iOS 8.4) this is no longer the case.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.