Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get the message can not load Internet accounts preference pane and cannot loan iCloud preference pane - what should I do?

I want to update my preferences on iCloud and Internet accounts.

When I select these icons I get the message "can not load Internet Accounts (or iCloud) preference pane".

What's going on?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 3:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 6:42 AM

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Preferences/MobileMeAccounts.plist

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. Log out or restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2015 6:42 AM in response to dyanafromcity beach

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Preferences/MobileMeAccounts.plist

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. Log out or restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

I get the message can not load Internet accounts preference pane and cannot loan iCloud preference pane - what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.