Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12.2.1 freezing on Mac OSX 10.10.4

After updating to iTunes 12.2.1.16 on my iMac OS 10.10.4, iTunes continues to freeze within a minute of launching.

I find that I am able to start steaming from my iMac library with no issues. but once the show has finished or if I stop it I am unable to play other media or browse other TV Shows or Movies.

When I try and take a look at iTunes on my iMac, it fails to respond to any clicks on the application or the menu bar. I have to go into the force quit... to end the app which shows up as not responding.

I have rebooted the iMac several times and each time it fails within a minute. The strange thing is that it does not stop a show from playing.

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 6:00 AM

8 replies

Jul 14, 2015 6:59 AM in response to Cunnla

Tried it but it did not work. Still locks up.

Thanks for responding though, considering were I posted it.. Had a few windows open looking at the same issue and didn't realise that I posted it under the windows section.

The problem does seem to be a library issue as I created a new library and did not see the issue.

I had no issue just prior to the update as my wife had been catching up on some shows. So I am guessing that the update may have corrupted something.

The library currently resides on a NAS.

Jul 17, 2015 4:30 AM in response to Cunnla

Cunnla,

I had to go away for work for a few days, but when I returned, I took another look at it.

The issue was still there, every time I opened the iTunes library, within minutes it would lockup and stop responding. So that night I decided to just leave it opened.

I left it for a good hour and it was still failing to respond, so I went to bed.

The next day, I woke up and checked it. The library was still open, but this time responding click, etc.

Since then it has worked like normal.

I could only imagine it was doing some sort of scan after the upgrade and did reserve any resources to the UI.

Jul 25, 2015 10:06 AM in response to Darksheer

I was at my whits end trying to figure out what was going on with iTunes. I was having the same problem. I spend time and money with local computer guys and Apple support. I read your post and I figured **** it, might as well try the same thing. IT WORKED! I just left it running for 2 days and last night it was responding and, so far, it working. Thanks for posting this! Lifesaver!

12.2.1 freezing on Mac OSX 10.10.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.