Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost charging pin

My phone is barely 7 months old and now it won't charge. Authorized service center said they can't repair phones with missing parts. Apparently one pin is missing in the port. Obviously not my fault- never dropped it, been using original power cable.

They will replace the phone but I have to pay Php17000 (~$372) for the current value difference. Is there really no way to fix this or will Apple really won't replace this like they do in other countries, because we are in the Philippines???

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4, Gold

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 6:58 AM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2015 7:41 AM in response to dannicakim

dannicakim wrote:

They will replace the phone but I have to pay Php17000 (~$372) for the current value difference. Is there really no way to fix this or will Apple really won't replace this like they do in other countries, because we are in the Philippines???

This has nothing to do with the fact you're in the Philippines. Apple won't replace phones for free in ANY country if there are parts missing (unless the particular manager choses to make an exception).

Lost charging pin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.