Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to transfer my notes and music from my old I phone 5 to my new i phone 6

The icloud data transfer from my old i phone 5 to my new i phone 6 transferred my contacts and nothing else.

I still need to transfer my music and my notes. Any genius's out there with this info?

Please help... 😐

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 6:26 PM

Apple provides you the method to transfer all content from on iOS device to another. Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device - Apple Support. However, not suitable for transfer specific items.

If you want only your notes or music to your new iPhone.

>>>>>Notes:

Make sure both of your iPhones Setting > iCloud > Notes is on, and use the same ID.

>>>>>Music:

Method 1, Open iTunes on your computer, and sync your iPhones. (Same Apple ID)

Method 2, Home Sharing (iOS 8.4 now don't support home sharing for music, make sure -8.4)

Method 3, Directly download songs from iTunes by using the same ID.

Method 4, Use third-part tool to transfer between two iPhones directly. (Available for different ID)

Resources:

Transfer songs iPhone to iPhone - iMobie Guide

Copy Songs from One iPhone to Another iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2015 6:26 PM in response to Renee Toker

Apple provides you the method to transfer all content from on iOS device to another. Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device - Apple Support. However, not suitable for transfer specific items.

If you want only your notes or music to your new iPhone.

>>>>>Notes:

Make sure both of your iPhones Setting > iCloud > Notes is on, and use the same ID.

>>>>>Music:

Method 1, Open iTunes on your computer, and sync your iPhones. (Same Apple ID)

Method 2, Home Sharing (iOS 8.4 now don't support home sharing for music, make sure -8.4)

Method 3, Directly download songs from iTunes by using the same ID.

Method 4, Use third-part tool to transfer between two iPhones directly. (Available for different ID)

Resources:

Transfer songs iPhone to iPhone - iMobie Guide

Copy Songs from One iPhone to Another iPhone - Apple Support

I need to transfer my notes and music from my old I phone 5 to my new i phone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.