Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I show the date and time on my home screen

when I turn on my phone or wake it up, the date and time used to be shown on the welcome screen or locked screen. Somehow I turned this off or changed it. How do I get this back?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 10:35 AM

You can't disable the date on the lock screen. That option does not exist. Do a clean install to solve weird issues.

iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

9 replies

Jul 14, 2015 9:23 AM in response to pdkiss

You can't disable this unless you have a jailbroken phone. There is no setting to turn this off.

When charging the phone it first shows the battery percentage and after a few seconds it shows the date, maybe that's what you mean?

If you have issues with your phone after updating try a clean install:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups - Apple Support

Jul 14, 2015 9:31 AM in response to AdrianHunter

Thank you for the reply. I may have misspoke.It is the screen that first comes on when you click the button and the wall paper comes up and you are asked to unlock the phone. This is when I remember having the date and time on this initial screen.

Tthe he phone is not jail broke, it is up to date with software and an AT&T service.

How do I show the date and time on my home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.