Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit / update an ebook?

I have submitted (twice in the past) edits / updates to my ebook. Neither of them ended up in my published book. However, it states the book is edition 1.3...which it would be if the edits had gone through, but it is not because the new content was never added to the book. I went through the whole "republish" process and was notified it was successful. It was not.

I am now trying it again and can't even figure out how to do it. I clicked to republish and was taken to a page where all the information from the original book had to be added....again. Even my name....the author....which would not ever change on a book. I am on the verge of pulling out of ibooks. It is absolutely the most cumbersome and confusing thing I have ever worked with.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 10:19 AM

3 replies

Jul 23, 2015 2:48 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

it is quite a simple process- you need to use your iTunes Producer app to update your book and give it a new version number.

You also need to replace your book files for the book and the sample in the "files" section.

Is it possible that you re-edited your book but then did not apply those changes and files in iTunes Producer before publishing?

--

<Edited by Host>

Jul 21, 2015 7:30 AM in response to macuser569

Yes, I have gone through that process as you describe and the book even shows the new version number but not the changes that I added to that version. I am assuming the new version number would not be there if it had not been submitted. I called support and they think there is possibly a glitch that is preventing it from going through. And for sure each time....even when I originally published......there were glitches in the final submit. It would tell me there were fields that were, for example non mandatory and not relevant, but I would get an error message they were a required field. Or it would say I had not filled in a field that I had. I got tech support at the time and it seemed resolved, but the new version still did not show up. I think am going to have to go through the process with someone in tech support and screen share while I am doing it, because they could not help me over the phone. Maybe I need to delete my current iTunes producer and reinstall?? I will try that.

How do I edit / update an ebook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.