Related Article: Make purchases using Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the verfication phone number the code is sent to?

verification code is sent to my old phone number and it won't let me select a different one, how do I change it?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2017 2:04 PM

I am in the same boat

My profile in Wallet, with my bank and my Apple ID all have my current phone number.

However, adding any new cards to wallet asks to verify to my old phone number.

I have no explanation as to why it is doing this and there's no other place to change it!!!

Apple - explain?

12 replies

Jul 14, 2015 9:47 AM in response to beccaturner

beccaturner wrote:

verification code is sent to my old phone number and it won't let me select a different one, how do I change it?

See this support article:

Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

And this:

As long as you still have your Recovery Key and remember your Apple ID password, you can sign in and add a new trusted device to your account. You can also remove any devices you may have lost, sold, or given away.

1. Go to My Apple ID, select Manage your Apple ID, and sign in.
  2. On the Verify Your Identity screen, select "Unable to receive messages at any of your devices?"
  3. In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key.
  4. Then, under Edit your Apple ID, select Password and Security > Trusted devices > Manage.
  5. Remove the device you no longer wish to use to verify your identity.
  6. Either verify another device already listed, or select Set up Find My iPhone to add a new trusted device to your list.

Jul 14, 2015 9:45 AM in response to beccaturner

Hello beccaturner,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

You can change the addresses, email, or phone number you use for paying within apps at any time. Go to Settings > Passbook & Apple Pay to update your information. To update the billing address for a card, go to Settings > Passbook & Apple Pay, tap a card, then tap the billing address.

Best of luck,

Zack 🙂

Jan 26, 2017 9:16 AM in response to Solesniper

Hi,

I am really at my wits end! I cannot for the life of me get the wallet app to change from my old number to my new one . I've changed my contacts on my phone , I've updated " my card" under contacts too, I've been to my bank to make sure they have the correct number and they do . But everytime I take off and then re upload my card everytime it comes to verify the card I get a message saying a code has been sent by SMS to the shown mobile number which is still the old one !

Please help before I Luzz my phone out the window!

Sep 2, 2017 6:38 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

These instructions don't work. You cannot sign-in without confirming the security code that is sent in a text message. Since the old phone number is not accessible, you won't be able to read the security code. Apple's instructions are useless. Moreover, when you are setting up a new iPhone and want to restore settings from iCloud, Apple stupid software attempts to send a text message to the same phone and obviously you won't be able to read the security code. This is a total crap.

How to change the verfication phone number the code is sent to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.