Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12 using iCloud

Mac mini (Late 2012) 2.3 GHz i7 4 GB Memory, OS X Yosemite 10.10.4, iTunes 12.2.0.145

I updated to the iTunes version indicated when it was first available and subscribed to Apple Music family version. I had an existing version of iTunes installed with a local library of 34K songs. I've never been a subscriber to iTunes Match. I selected in Preferences to use the iCloud Music Library and then received a message "Activity- Waiting for Apple to deliver your iCloud Music Library". This message would be displayed for several minutes and then I'd receive a "Genius results can't be updated right now. An unknown error occurred (4001)." message. I tried several of the suggestions mentioned on the board here, but wasn't successful in getting beyond this problem.

I tried again after about a week thinking maybe Apple would have made some changes to iCloud that would allow me to get past the error. The results this time were the Activity message continued to be displayed throughout the weekend for 2+ days without any other changes being made prior to this attempt. At this point, I checked the Songs listing under My Music and noticed the Cloud column showed all the songs with a dotted cloud indicating a status of Waiting. So I decided to stop the activity. Every attempt to start it back up has resulted in the 4001 error.

With the current iTunes/Apple limitations am I never going to be able to get the iCloud Music Library functionality to work? Is there perhaps anything else going on or perhaps something else I can try as a workaround to get by this problem? If the whole problem is the 25K limit for the iCloud Music Library, I'd think I'd get something more meaningful than the 4001 error, but perhaps Apple just isn't that thoughtful. I'm also thinking it would upload to the point of the 25K limit before it would stop, but that's not what I'm experiencing. Should it be uploading at least a portion of my library?

Unless I have something else going on Apple hasn't designed iTunes and Apple Music for anyone other than the casual user. What a shame for them to ignore our needs and how shortsighted of them! The other possibility is they did a very poor QA or simply rushed to market too soon. This is one of the few times I've been disappointed in Apple.

Feedback would greatly be appreciated on what I've shared. Thank you.

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 11:34 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes 12 using iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.