Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12.2.1 Mismatched Metadata

After upgrading to iTunes 12.2, and enabling Apple Music - All my music meta data was scrambled. I restored my old library to get back everything I had and disabled Apple Music. Now with 12.2.1 out, I installed the update and re-enabled Apple Music - but low and behold it jumbled all my meta data and album artwork yet again. Is there not a fix for this?

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 11:17 AM

2 replies

Aug 27, 2015 5:52 PM in response to Thumpeross

I have had this problem too and am working with Apple tech support. Currently, if I try to import music files from a ripped CD into iTunes, the metadata becomes immediately scrambled (random metadata, i.e., wrong names songs, wrong album names... however all these song names, album names are from music I once bought through iTunes). When I import files from music I previously purchased on iTunes, there is no problem.

When I play the music on my computer, the CORRECT songs play. When I play the music on my iPhone, it uses the metadata to find the song file so the WRONG song file plays.

12.2.1 Mismatched Metadata

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.