Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch 4th generation can't connect to wifi

I have a ipod touch 4th generation 32gb version 6.1.6, that i have had for a little over 3 years. I still use it some mostly for music and few games, for the years ive had it it has worked perfectly fine then today as of 7/14/15 I get on it to update app, mess around on it and such. it work fine that morning and the previous day, but now when i turn it on and connect to the wifi it opens up safari with a screen that says

http://www.apple.com

there is a webpage heading that reads <html><head><title><success</title><head><body>success</body></html>

nothing happens and i get disconnected from the wifi ,

i have tried powering it off the back on,

resetting the network settings

and even wiping the data and starting it new but it still brings up the same issue

What is going on and does anybody know how to fix this, ive included a screen shot

User uploaded file

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 8:56 PM

14 replies

Jul 14, 2015 10:01 PM in response to kennytheoutlaw

i just found out that today over 2 million ipod 4 users and other devices with ios 6.1.6 have been affected by the same problem wich is a software problem with ios 6.1.6 and the only way for it to fix is for there to be a software update with the system wich cannot be done on ipod touch iphone 3 or any older apple products because apple doesnt care about the users that have older devices and they are using this as a way to get people to purchase newer phones and ipods so that they can make more money off theyre company

ipod touch 4th generation can't connect to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.