Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error connecting to internet (iPhone 5)

While I was browsing youtube I found that my phone disconnected and was running on 3G/LTE. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why so I simply tried to connect to the network. It works right away, then it switches back to LTE, and a screen pops up, like if you were to log into a network.

It's sort of like a webpage, in that at the very top it says "http://www.apple.com", then says Log In immediately under it. Next to that is a button that says cancel, and the actual text of the page reads some HTML coding. "<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Success</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>Success</BODY></HTML>"

I'm not sure what that all means or what to do about the issue (Tried restarting phone, turning to airplane mode, and going into the settings to reset the network settings, no results).

I think my current iOS is 6.0.2... Pretty old, but I was very happy with how it worked. It's ironic because I had just decided it was time to install 8.4 since everyone had said and told me good things about it, and I can't download the update without a Wi-Fi network connection.

http://imgur.com/CwguAqK this is the screen I'm seeing whenever I attempt to connect.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Jul 14, 2015 8:45 PM

95 replies

Jul 14, 2015 9:41 PM in response to hatespawn

Same exact thing is happening to me, I have an iPhone 4S, I'm running iOS 6.0 and all other phones, tablets, laptops are connected to our wifi just perfectly. My sister's iPhone 5C running on iOS 7 is fine, my mom's old iPad running iOS 6 is good, my MacBook Pro is fine, so I don't get why my phone is doing this either. The wifi is password protected but it's just WPA2 and I've never had this Captive Network Assistant Log In pop up before on our network.

Jul 14, 2015 9:48 PM in response to hatespawn

hatespawn, I have the exact same problem since this morning!!! Everything was working perfectly fine yesterday and then suddenly I'm getting the same pop-up screen as you described.... Was kinda in a panic, but at least now I know I'm not the only one... I've tried everything from switching everything off to resetting the network setting etc... still no result 😟

helloooooooo apple?

ow yeah I forgat to mention, i have this problem with the ipad mini, version 6.1.3

Jul 14, 2015 10:22 PM in response to hatespawn

This is not only happening to Apple devices. My parents have Apple devices and they are getting that screen as well. However, I own an Android device and the same exact problems have been occurring to me in addition to the iPhones. I fear as though this a network problem (mainly with AT&T and Sprint phones/laptops from the looks of it), rather than an issue that Apple can handle. Hope this helps a tad.

Error connecting to internet (iPhone 5)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.