Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch 8.4: Music repeat doesn't work right anymore (can't switch songs when on repeat). Somebody help?

Hello everyone, thank you in advance for reading this!

So, I'll be honest: when I listen to music, I tend to listen to the same song a few times. I usually set the song to repeat, then move next in the playlist/album manually when I do. Personally, I prefer listening to my iPod's library instead of radio when I'm driving, so what I tend to do is just chose one playlist for my drive, put a song on repeat, then use the track and volume control on my steering wheel to manually change my songs: I only look down at my iPod to change playlists when I'm at a red and I know I have enough time to chose something new.

I just had the 8.4 update yesterday: truth be told I don't remember exactly what I was running before, other than I'm pretty sure it was still 8.something and it had the old Music option. Admittingly I find the new Music app to be rather ugly and clunky (I don't like the fact 40% of the screen is taken up by switching songs and the title, but whatever I'm sure they'll smooth it out). However, when driving, I discovered something.

I can't actually go through the songs manually as long as I have a song on infinite repeat. If I try choosing next song with my steering wheel, it'll just make the current song repeat, instead of going to the next one, which it always has. At first, I just thought the new update might have been wonky with my car and I just had to wait until a future update to smooth out the new experimental Music app for it to work right (which annoyingly enough means I have to keep my iPod off repeat when driving). But, when I was listening to it manually, I realized that this extended to the actual iPod too: I had a playlist on, I wanted to go to the next song in the playlist while it was on Repeat Song, but instead of going to the next song it just repeated the current song from the beginning.

Is this something common happening with the 8.4 update with the iPod Touch? It seems... very weird, honestly. It doesn't feel like this is how it's supposed to be working: does anybody else have this issue with 8.4 on an iPod Touch? Is there a fix for it, like resetting to factory settings? Or is this just something I'm stuck with until Apple releases a new update? This is really annoying even when I'm not driving, honestly.

Thank you very much for any and all assistance you can give!

Windows 7 Acer, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 15, 2015 12:11 AM

3 replies

Jul 15, 2015 2:04 AM in response to ShadowSora94

Some users have reported problems with iOS 8.4 breaking some features when used with car systems.

You can try:

- Contact the car system manufacturer. What car system do you have?

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset the car system

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem yo will have to wait for either an iOS update or a firmware update for the car

iPod touch 8.4: Music repeat doesn't work right anymore (can't switch songs when on repeat). Somebody help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.