Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I created a midi file using the RINGTONE TRANSFER LANGUAGE, I would like to use GarageBand to have several instruments play the same midi file. Right now I can only have one software instrument track play the midi file.

I created a midi file using the RINGTONE TRANSFER LANGUAGE, I would like to use GarageBand to have several instruments play the same midi file. Right now I can only have one software instrument track play the midi file.

Posted on Jul 15, 2015 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2015 9:00 AM

Here are two options:

1. Opt+drag the Track Header of that Track down. This will create a new Track with the duplicate setting, plus all the Regions on that Track. Now select a different Instrument for each Track
  2. Create new Tracks and copy (option+drag) the Regions from the original Track to those new Tracks

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2015 9:00 AM in response to larryfromwappingersfalls

Here are two options:

1. Opt+drag the Track Header of that Track down. This will create a new Track with the duplicate setting, plus all the Regions on that Track. Now select a different Instrument for each Track
  2. Create new Tracks and copy (option+drag) the Regions from the original Track to those new Tracks

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Sep 4, 2015 1:54 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

I looked thru your book and could not find what I want to do. I created an audio file using TextEdit, and added some MIDI files using the built in instruments. Is there a way of keeping the sound level of the audio file and lowering the sound from the MIDIIFILE. I used the join command on several snippets on the soundfiles.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.