Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need an adaptor that's USB-C to 3x USB-C (or more)

I need an adaptor that's USB-C to 3x USB-C (or more) since I've purchased adaptors for my peripherals but can only plug one in at a time!

It's all good and well to have a 3-in-one adaptor for people who only use the exact devices catered for by this limited selection, but I need more flexibility than that. I had no idea this would be such a hard thing to find - obviously there are thousands of options that do this for regular USB but I can't find a single one that does it for USB-C.

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Jul 15, 2015 2:50 AM

13 replies

Jan 3, 2017 9:28 PM in response to Pepper Ridge

Tha thing is bloody massive!! Seriously, like the others, I just need something with multiple USB-C ports on it, including one that will power both the MacBook and the peripherals. I have no doubts there will be one out within the next few months, but in the meantime.......

Oh, and just a side note to custom mini, Chrome books and a few others also have USB-C ports on them. Please keep up.

Jul 15, 2015 11:58 AM in response to hackneyms

I know that I need a powered hub, but the only ones I was able to find on Amazon were USB-C to USB. I cannot find a single one that is USB-C to USB-C.

At this point in time, no one is going to make something that that has no market. Maybe in the future, but since there are hardly any USB-C devices on the market, no one is going to rush into manufacturing a powered all USB-C only hub.

Jul 22, 2015 7:07 AM in response to hackneyms

hackneyms,

You are not going to like the real answer to your question, you along with a lot of other people have brought into a technology that like it or not the PC world ie Windows has not embraced yet so until it does you have the choice of doing nothing and making do or buying a very expensive unit produced by only one manufacture when/if it becomes available - I have been watching USB 3.1 from a PC side and have only found around 3 Motherboards that use it so far so I will wait untill/if it becomes mainstream.

If you think about it the same fate have fallen on Thunderbolt/2, less than 12 PC motherboards use it and so there is no one using it outside of Apple and the only truly native items you can use on it are Hard Disc's and a few Monitors.

Sorry but that is the cold hard truth.

Custom mini

I need an adaptor that's USB-C to 3x USB-C (or more)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.